I’ve been cooking for 55 years experimenting with different tomato sauces. I had to write down this one because it’s the Best Tomato Sauce
1 large can of Muir Glen Organic Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
1/3 cup white grape juice (or red or purple)
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic. Tip: if you use jarred garlic, take it out with a fork – don’t use the juice.
½ teaspoon Dried Sage
½ teaspoon Ground Pepper
5 leaves of fresh chopped or julienned basil
1 tablespoon butter
– – – – – – – – – – –
Fry the Pepper and garlic in the butter until golden
Add the crushed tomatoes and grape juice
Stir in the sage
Stir occasionally on medium heat until it is steaming (about 5 minutes)
Add the basil and cook another minute
Its light and lovely – enjoy
– – – – — – —
– I use red grape juice instead of wine in my meat sauce because a lot of times canned tomatoes are bitter. Hunts and Muir Glen Organic Roasted Crushed Tomatoes are my favorites.
– You don’t need the basil but it helps
– I cut fresh herbs with scissors
– I tossed the noodles with butter and a pinch of sage before I put the sauce on them.
– Always add basil in the last minute
If you want a thick sauce add ½ can tomato paste and use the classic purple grape juice
I’ll keep trying